Happy Monday morning Panther families,
As we enter this “last week” of school for the 2019-2020 school year, I want to remind you how much you are missed and how disappointed your teachers (and ALL of our amazing staff) are that they can not wish you well in person. Please watch Twitter ALL WEEK for fun and challenge. A winner will be chosen daily from our Twitter and/or email submissions to Marylin.Dawson@wcdsb.ca We want to see your child looking for ways to complete the challenge. Winners will be announced the following morning.
In addition, you will find a message from our Director of Education, Mrs. Loretta Notten. Mrs. Notten is sharing some important information regarding our plans for September AND has requested your help in shaping that plan.
You will find a very IMPORTANT survey link here, https://wcdsb.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3Itzk2nczMpwYDP
Please take the time to answer this quick survey. It will provide insight and feedback to the Senior Team as we look to school in the fall.
We wish you happiness and love,
Ms Dawson and Mrs Waechter.
The original note regarding student belongings indicated that we could line up and maintain spacing when entering the school. In the consideration of the safety of all staff and families, we are hoping to “tweak” things a bit. We are actually hoping that the timing/staff ratio will align and we can bring your child’s belongings directly out to your car. That will save any contact from happening at all – win win for all involved. You will be met by a staff member when you arrived on your specified time and you will be given instructions as to the next steps. Please stay safe, be vigilant and remain in good health. Much love to all of our Panther fam – Ms Dawson
Happy Friday Panther families!
Wow – check out this beautiful rainbow that appeared over our school this morning.
This rainbow reminded me that God IS HOPE! No matter what challenges we face, or what obstacles might appear, God is always with us. He loves us and will always give us signs of joy, beauty and promise.
That said, this year is not concluding as we would have wished. We miss you all and, this typically exciting and anticipatory time of year, falls somewhat short as we enter the last week of the school year. In order to pump up some excitement, we have some fun planned for you each and every day. We have a fabulous contest starting that we are hoping will engage you and your family next week. This Twitter contest will be posted Monday morning with one winner drawn daily. You can post your entry on Twitter with the hashtag #StBonifaceBElieves OR email me your entry – Marylin.Dawson@wcdsb.ca Our Twitter feed is also posted on our school website – looking forward to hearing from your children!
The student belonging pickup schedule was sent out this week. Please refer to that notice for reminders regarding your commitment to safety during this time. Most importantly is to adhere to the public health safety guidelines and please keep your children as home or in the car. As tempting as it is to allow for social interaction, we must adhere to the guidelines provided.
We are very proud of you for the incredible resiliency and grit you have demonstrated during these past few months. Our Umbrella Project skills and our strong faith has served us well. I am beyond proud of the staff here at St Boniface who have demonstrated time and time again how professional and dedicated they are. My heart is filled with gratitude for each member of our staff family. We wish our fabulous Ms Zuzinjak an exciting year of adventure next year. She is taking a year off to explore and feed her soul. We will miss her but are anxiously waiting to hear her stories. Send her love this week. 😊
Take care everyone! Remember to check Twitter and to always
Dear Panther Families/Guardians,
We hope and pray that you are all staying safe and well. Due to the extension of the closure of schools until the end of the school year, we would like to invite you to come to our school to pick up your child’s belongings. We ask that you please read this letter thoroughly so that we can be sure that all protocols are followed and we have a safe experience.
Please carefully review the following:
Your family has been scheduled a time to come to the school to pick up all personal belongings. Please join us at St. Boniface during the following time slots to pick up your child(ren)’s personal items, as well as to drop off school property.
Date: Monday June 22 at 9:00am-11:00am Family Pick Ups: Last Name: A – G
Date: Monday June 22 at 11:00am-1:00pm Family Pick Ups: Last Name: H – M
Date: Tuesday June 23 at 9:00am-11:00am Family Pick Ups: Last Name: N – S
Date: Tuesday June 23 at 11:00am-1:00pm Family Pick Ups: Last Name: T – Z
The following guideline has been informed by the Ministry of Education suggested protocol, which was informed by Provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health and has also been vetted with Waterloo Region Public Health.
- Only ONE parent/guardian and their child(ren) come to the school.
- A limit of 5 families are to be lined up in front of the school at any given time. Please refrain from coming onto the property should you see 5 already in queue. Each family is to stand 6 ft apart. Follow markings on the ground.
- Masks and gloves are recommended if you have access to them. The school will not provide them.
- There will be no outdoor supervision and the playground is closed.
- Any medication stored in the main office will also be available for pick-up at the same time.
- Kindly understand that this is not the time for prolonged conversations; please pick-up your child’s belongings in a timely fashion.
- During designated pick-up days, staff may not be available for online learning.
- If there are parents/guardians whose health leaves them vulnerable to COVID-19, arrangements can be made to have a separate pick-up date. Please make arrangements directly with Mrs. Dawson.
- If there are parents/guardians who are frontline workers and cannot make the pick-up date(s), please contact Ms. Dawson directly to make alternate arrangements
When You Arrive at Your Scheduled Time:
- You may use the church parking lot across the street when you arrive.
- Enter the school at the front door where you will be directed by school staff to the gymnasium.
- All belongings will be in the gym. Please look for your child’s class table. There will be no access to classrooms.
- There will also be lost and found. We ask that you follow our safety protocol and do not touch the items, unless you are taking them with you. Any unclaimed items will be donated to charity after the final pick-up day, other than in very unique circumstances.
- Please be prepared for any weather. You may have to wait outdoors.
- Report cards will be enveloped by last name and will be available for pick up when you arrive.
Please have with you all school property to be returned on your scheduled visit. Students moving schools and students in grade 8 must return your borrowed chromebook if you have one; library books, text books etc. All students in JK- grade 7 need to return library books, text books or any other school owned item, however, chromebooks can remain with you until September.
We understand that there is a lot to follow, but our priority is your safety and the safety of our staff. We thank you for your support and understanding with this.
Remain safe and well,
Ms. Dawson & Mrs. Waechter